Saturday, December 10, 2011

Deck the Halls!


It's hard to believe that it is time to decorate for Christmas! I love this time of year, the lights,
the decorations, the festivities and yes, even the shopping. I also love to reflect on the true reason for celebrating . . . the birth of our Savior!

We put up our tree and I love getting out all of the ornaments and hanging them on the tree! We had some issues with our tree this year, there were two strands of lights that have burned out. So, we looked at buying a new tree, but they are really expensive. I went to Tai Pan (where we bought the tree) and talked with the salesman about the tree and what we could do about the burned out lights and he said that if all of the lights are burned out on the strand there is nothing you can do except remove those strands and put in new lights. So, instead of spending a lot of money on a new tree, it only cost us $10.00 for the new lights. Crisis solved! Here are some pictures of our home for the holidays!












And of course the decorating isn't complete until the outside is done as well!






Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for simple, inexpensive solutions! It all looks great! But, where's the ornament I made for you when I was in Kindergarten? I don't see that on the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outside lights turned out so good! I love the candy cane look. Everything looks so festive-can't wait to see it all in person!

    ReplyDelete